Business & Management Fast Track course (Diploma Level 4 & 5 Combined)
Course Duration Payment Options
6 or 12 months Monthly / Quarterly / Full
Diploma Courses for Business Management (Level 4 & 5 Combined)
Level 4 & 5 Diploma courses for Business Management 2018 is a 120 Credit qualification and has been designed for students who wish to develop the skills and knowledge required for roles in junior management. They have also been developed with progression in mind and enable Students to continue on to a range of Bachelor’s degrees.
Diploma In Business & Management has a total of 4 modules each level of 4 & 5 and 15 credits for each module, total qualification credit is 120
1. Business environment
2. People in organisation
3. Communication skills for business
4. Customer relationship management
5. Business organisations in a global context
6. People Management
6. Business law
7. Marketing principles and practice
Note: Students should complete the first 4 Modules to get a level 4 Diploma in Business and Management and a further 4 modules to get 5 Diploma in Business and Management.
- These qualifications are designed for Students who are typically aged 18 and above.
- Other related level 3 subjects such as ATHE level 3 Diplomas
- An Access to Higher Education Certificate delivered by an approved further education institute and validated by an Access Validating Agency
- Other equivalent international qualifications.
- For those whom English is not their first language we recommend the following standards of proficiency in English language skills or an approved equivalent for this qualification • IELTs 5.5 or Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) B2 or equivalent qualification
Note: Mature Students may present a more varied profile of achievement that is likely to include relevant work experience (paid and/or unpaid) with levels of responsibility, participation and/or achievement of relevant professional qualifications. This may be used for recognition of prior learning (RPL). Students may also hold RQF qualifications which will enable them to claim an exemption from part of the qualification.
Blended Learning (for students who are in the UK)
Online learning (International students who are abroad)
Fulltime: If you are studying full time online or blended learning you can complete each level in 6 months duration.
Part time: if you are studying part time online or blended learning you can complete each level in 2 years from the date of enrolment.
Fast track full time: if you are studying full time online or blended learning you can complete each level in 3 months
Online: if you are studying online and studying at your own pace you can complete in 3 years’ time.
- There are no written Exams, only written assignments it must be submitted after completing each module.
- Overall Grading Type: Pass/Merit/Distinction
- 8 Module – 15 credits each, 120 credits overall
- Overall Grading Type: Pass/Merit/Distinction
After successfully passing all core units assessment, you will receive a certificate or extended Diploma from the awarding body ATHE (Awards for Training and Higher Education.)
On successful completion of a Level 4& 5 qualification in Business and Management there are a number of progression opportunities. Students may progress to:
- Employment or have increased opportunities for progression in their current role.
- ATHE Level 5 Extended Diploma in Business and Management or the ATHE Level 6 Diploma in Management for Health and Social Care or the ATHE Level 6 Diploma in Business Administration
- Level 6 qualification route on successful completion of the required units at level 5.
- Final year of degree programmes at some universities
The Business Environment
This unit will develop Students’ understanding of the national and global business environment and the internal and external circumstances in which different organizations operate.
People in Organisations
This unit aims to develop knowledge and understanding of those aspects of organizations that concern and support people. This includes communication practices, teamwork, remote working, and other organizational structures. Using this knowledge and understanding, students will be able to review the impact of workplace practices on people.
Communication Skills for Business
This unit aims to develop knowledge and understanding of the communication practices within organizations and Students are introduced to the different modes and channels of communication used in organizations. In addition, students will be able to develop their communication skills. Students will also apply their own communication skills to typical organizational requirements
Customer Relationship Management
Students will be able to develop knowledge and understanding of the scope and importance of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and to explore how effective CRM is achieved.
Business Organisations in a Global Context
This unit develops students' understanding of the issues organizations face operating within a global context. This understanding will allow students to review the issues currently impacting business organizations.
This unit will enable students to understand how to manage individuals and teams. They will study organizational factors and how these impact on and influence individual and team behavior, as well as learning management tools and techniques to help them effectively manage individuals and teams.
Marketing Principles and Practice
To develop knowledge and understanding of general marketing principles and their application in business.
Aims to enable students to develop knowledge and understanding of some of the main aspects of business law that impact organizations.