Business & Management 2nd Year of University (Extended Diploma Level 5)
Course Duration Payment Options
6 or 9 months Monthly / Quarterly / Full
Business & Management Level 5
Business & Management level 5 extended diploma 2018 is a 120 Credit qualification and has been designed for students who wish to develop the skills and knowledge required for roles in junior management. They have also been developed with progression in mind and enable Students to continue on to a range of Bachelor’s degrees.
Level 5 Extended Diploma in Management has 8 modules and 8 written assignments. On completion of the modules, students will be given access to the assignments. The assignments are approximately 5,000-8,000 words each. Students are provided support on the modules and assignments via the ‘Tutor’ section of the learning platform.
- Managing communications
- Business organisations in a global context
- People management
- Finance for managers
- Research project
- Marketing principles and practice
- Planning a new business venture
- Business law
- Prior study in business, management or related subjects at level 4 or above or
- Level 4 qualification for example an ATHE Level 4 Extended Diploma in Business and Management or an ATHE Level 4 Diploma in Business and Administrative Management.
- Other equivalent international qualifications.
- For those whom English is not their first language we recommend the following standards of proficiency in English language skills or an approved equivalent for this qualification or IELTs 5.5 or Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) B2 or equivalent qualification.
- Note: Mature Students may present a more varied profile of achievement that is likely to include relevant work experience (paid and/or unpaid) with levels of responsibility, participation and/or achievement of relevant professional qualifications. This may be used for recognition of prior learning (RPL). Students may also hold RQF qualifications which will enable them to claim an exemption from part of the qualification.
Blended Learning (for students who are in the UK)
Online learning (International students who are abroad)
Fulltime: If you are studying full time online or blended learning you can complete each level in 6 months duration.
Part time: if you are studying part time online or blended learning you can complete each level in 2 years from the date of enrolment.
Fast track full time: if you are studying full time online or blended learning you can complete this level in 3 months
Online: if you are studying online and studying at your own pace you can complete in 3 years’ time.
- There are no written Exams, only written assignment it must be submitted after completing each module.
- Overall Grading Type: Pass/Merit/Distinction
- 120 credit overall
- Overall Grading Type: Pass/Merit/Distinction
After successfully passing all core units assessment, you will receive a certificate or extended Diploma from the awarding body ATHE (Awards for Training and Higher Education.)
On successful completion of a Level 5 qualification in Business and Management there are a number of progression opportunities. Students may progress to:
- Employment or have increased opportunities for progression in their current role.
- Level 6 qualification such as the ATHE Level 6 Extended Diploma in Management or the ATHE Level 6 Extended Diploma in Management for Health and Social Care or the ATHE Level 6 Extended Diploma in Business Administration
- Enter into final year of a degree programmes at UK universities.
Business Organisations in a Global Context
This unit develops Students understanding of the issues organisations face operating within a global context. This understanding will allow Students to review the issues currently impacting on business organisations.
The aim of this unit is to develop the skills required for the learner to formulate an appropriate research question and to design and undertake a research project to answer that research question. The learner will also need to interpret the outcomes of their research and present them to an audience.
This unit will enable Students to understand how to manage individuals and teams. They will study organisational factors and how these impact on and influence individual and team behaviour, as well as learning management tools and techniques to help them effectively manage individuals and teams.
Finance for Managers
The unit aims to equip students with the knowledge and understanding of the sources and use of finance in organizations and how to evaluate and interpret financial data.
This unit aims to develop knowledge and understanding of communication within and between organisations. Students will also review their own communication skills in an organisational context.
Marketing Principles and Practice
To develop knowledge and understanding of general marketing principles and their application in business.
Planning a New Business Venture
This unit will develop knowledge and understanding of new business ventures and skills associated with planning a venture. By studying this unit, Students will develop an understanding of business types and the factors that determine the success or otherwise of a new business venture. They will also learn how to determine the market potential of a new business and develop an associated business plan.
Aims to enable Students to develop knowledge and understanding of some of the main aspects of business law which impact on organisations.